[Countries and Cultures] [Mexico] [Mexico Coloring Pages] [Mexican Animals Section] [Mexican Recipes]
Visit our new printable
recipes section to print this recipe on 3x5, 4x6 or full page.
Thanks to a Rose for sharing this recipe with us!
- 1 bag of dry pinto beans
- 6 slices of bacon cut into pieces
- 4 to 5 Serrano peppers
- 1/2 onion
- 4 roma tomatoes
- salt to taste
- *cilantro optional *
- Pour the beans onto your counter and check for small rocks. Then rinse your beans in a colander. Then you will fill a pot with water and add the beans.
- Cook beans in water according to package directions. Once beans are tender and cut easily with a spoon you add salt to taste.
- Cook the bacon pieces in a pan until done. Take out the bacon and set aside.
- Add the Serrano, onions, and tomatoes to the pan and sauté until tender. You may have to add a little bit of water to keep mixture from getting too thick. When mixture is tender pour into your pot of beans and add the bacon also.
- Let then beans simmer for about 10 min. to let flavors mix.
- You can also add a few sprigs of cilantro to pot if you wish.
*these beans are also know as "borracho beans" (drunk beans) because that recipe calls for a can of beer to be added to the beans.*