Mexican jewelry is often made of silver with turquoise, amber and other
- toilet paper roll
- construction paper (we used black) or aluminum foil
- aluminum foil looks more like silver, but it's a bit more difficult to glue things to it
- dried beans and/or lentils (we used a variety of different ones).
- Optional: light blue paint
- Optional: hole punch and ribbon.
- Optional: sequins
- Optional: Paint some or all of the beans light (turquoise) blue. Let dry. We didn't do this to ours.
- Glue construction paper or aluminum foil around your toilet paper roll (or you could paint it if you prefer).
- Slit toilet paper roll so it isn't a roll anymore.
- Cut toilet paper roll shorter - it's up to you how wide you want your bracelet (we cut ours into thirds).
- Glue beans onto the bracelet. Smaller beans don't slide off the wet glue as much as big ones do. You can also add sequins for extra sparkle if you like.
- let dry.
- Optional: punch holes in either side of the bracelet and thread a ribbon through. Use this to tie the bracelet on when you slip it on your arm so it doesn't fall off as easily.