This is a fairly simple craft for kids to make (you likely remember making one as a child). It's fun for them to get creative when they decorate the paper before wrapping it around the straws.
- 3 drinking straws or straight twigs
- something to decorate with (markers, stickers, paints, etc).
- paper and printer
- Print the template of choice.
- If using the B&W template, use markers, pencil crayons, stickers or paints to decorate the teepee as you see fit.
- Cut out the template.
- tape one straw on either side of the opening so it sticks up through the hole where the top of the teepee will be and so there's a fair sizes flap of paper between the opening and the straw.
- Tape the last straw in between the first two.
- Form your paper into a cone with the straws on the inside, sticking up through the opening in the top.
- Tape or glue your cone so it holds (I find tape works better).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).