DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a fairly simple craft for kids to make (you
likely remember making one as a child). It's fun for
them to get creative when they decorate the paper before
wrapping it around the straws.
- 3 drinking straws or straight twigs
- something to decorate with (markers, stickers,
- paper and printer
- Print the template of choice.
- If using the B&W template, use markers, pencil crayons, stickers
or paints to decorate the teepee as you see fit.
- Cut out the template.
- tape one straw on either side of the opening so it sticks up
through the hole where the top of the teepee will be and so there's
a fair sizes flap of paper between the opening and the straw.
- Tape the last straw in between the first two.
- Form your paper into a cone with the straws on the inside,
sticking up through the opening in the top.
- Tape or glue your cone so it holds (I find tape works better).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions