- popsicle sticks,
- paint and paintbrushes,
- hot glue,
- string or wool
- Paint a collection of popsicle sticks. You will need six popsicle sticks for every star of david.
- Let the popsicle sticks dry.
- Now assemble the stars:
- Glue together the ends of two popsicle sticks.
- Take a third popsicle stick and thread it across so that it lays on top of one popsicle stick and goes behind the other popsicle stick.
- Put a small dab of glue on the flap where the two ends connect so that it is a clean loop.
- Take a fifth popsicle stick and close off the end of one of the triangles.
- With the sixth and final popsicle thread it through the bottom corner of the other triangle so that it lays on top of one of the sides and goes underneath the other side.
- Glue the last three corners together. These corners will be difficult to hold together so pinch them together firmly for at least ten seconds before releasing.
- For a more simple star of david assembly: You can glue together three of the popsicles into a triangle and the other three popsicles into a seperate triangle. Then you will line the triangles up into the star of david shape and glue them together where they overlap.
- Continue to make as many popsicle stick star of davids as you want.
- Thread a piece of string or wool through the top corner of each star of david to create a decorative wall hanging.