This craft combines two of the best things... Dinosaurs and painted handprints! This is a simple craft that is great fun for children of all ages and also makes a really sweet keepsake.
- and something to color with
- Print out the template of your choice and color the background if you chose the B&W template.
- Paint your hand with a good layer of paint. (I only paint half of each finger because I think it looks more like dino legs this way!)
- Press your hand onto a piece of paper—the fingers will be the dino's legs and the thumb will be the tail (I suggest flipping the paper upside down for this part so that the dinosaur comes out right-side up).
- Fill in the parts of the handprint that didn't come out on the paper.
- Paint in the head neck and head of the dinorsaur.
- Let the dino dry and then draw or paint on a face.
- Optional: You can make your dino on plain paper instead of the background template and write a cute quote like...
“The best kinds of gifts won't fit under the tree, like love and friendship and dinosaurs!”
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).