contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft for children to make on Paul Bunyan Day. Babe, the blue ox was Paul Bunyan's friend.
- something to color with if using the B&W version,
- Print out the template of choice -- there is a choice of black and white or color. Babe was a blue ox, but you can use the black and white template to make an ordinary ox if you prefer.
- If using the B&W template, this is the children's chance to get creative. Color it in however you like using colored pencils, crayons, markers, pastels or paints.
- Cut out the craft template pieces. Some of the pieces may require the help of an adult or older child.
- Glue Babe, the blue ox's head together in the following order (all the pieces for the head are found on template one):
- Glue the eyes below the eyebrows.
- Glue the oval shaped nose (muzzle) to the bottom of the head.
- Glue the crescent moon shaped mouth to the bottom of the muzzle so it looks like Babe is smiling.
- Glue the ears to either side of the head (they look like little leaves).
- Glue the horns right across the top of the head.
- You can stop with just the head or you can continue on to make Babe's body (template 2) as well:
- Glue the head that you just put together onto the body.
- Glue the legs onto the large (blue) body (the largest piece on template two) - don't be too fussy, but I intended the legs to go on this way:
- one front leg and one back leg on top the body
- one front leg and one back leg behind the body
- Glue the tail onto the back of the body
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).