DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Shark and Ball Cup Game
contributed by Sierra Guenther
My nieces are having fun inventing projects to keep themselves (and the kids they babysit) entertained right now. I'm endlessly impressed by their creativity.
I'm kind of hoping Aunty Leanne gets a shark and fish cup game for Christmas this year!
- One plastic bottle with lid
- Blue marker or paint
- Black marker or paint
- White paint
- A piece of string about two times as long as the bottle.
- One orange pipe cleaner
- One Styrofoam ball
- Orange paint or marker
- 4 wiggly eyes
- First, cut the bottom of the plastic bottle so you have one small piece, and the larger part is the bottle with the lid. You can recycle the bottom if you like.
- Next, draw two triangles on each side of the cut bottle and make sure the ends of both triangles meet.
- Then go ahead and cut it out.
- Now draw another line about a centimetre beside where you just cut. In between those lines draw a bunch of small triangles to look like teeth.
- Get an adult to help you cut it out if needed.
- Paint the teeth white and let them dry.
- Just like the following picture, draw a line from the end corner of the mouth to the bottle cap (the line does not have to be straight). About ¼ through the line draw a circle for the eye and halfway through the line draw a fin. Do this on both sides of the shark, and don’t worry about the lines because we will paint over them.
- Now paint or colour the top section of the shark dark blue, and the bottom section...
- and the eye white.
- In the eye circle add a googly eye on both sides. If you don't have wiggly eyes, just draw a black eyeball on with your marker.
- Now that you are done the shark, we will start the fish (Styrofoam ball). Paint your Styrofoam ball (golf ball sized) orange and let it dry.
- Next draw a black dot where you will put the googly eyes on both sides, and cut one orange pipe cleaner in three equal pieces for the fins and the tail.
- Stick the pipe cleaners in the Styrofoam ball how you like, making two fins and one tail.
- Then add two googly eyes where you drew the black circles.
- Lastly, tie and string the tail of the fish, and glue the other end the lid of the bottle.
That is all! Have fun playing! See how many times you can get the ball in the cup!
Print friendly version of these instructions