This adorable craft is so much fun to make! Kids can explore the outdoors on the search for the perfect pine cone and then turn it into an adorable chick with a few simple steps. The pine cone chick makes a great decoration and a very fun toy to suit a bird, farm animal, or easter theme!
- orange construction paper
- one pine cone
- 2 googly eyes
- black and white paint
- Start by washing your pine cone with soap and water.
- Once it is dry, paint it black with a white belly.
- Next, cut a small triangle from the orange construction paper for your beak, and cut out two small feet from the same paper. (You can add a folded tab to your feet to make attaching them to the bottom easier!)
- Use glue to attach the eyes and construction paper pieces to your painted pine cone.
- Have fun with your pine cone penguin!