- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- a printer,
- something to color with,
- a piece of paper.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube. Toilet paper rolls come in different sizes, so if you find the rectangle is a bit too big, just trim it down. If you find it's a bit too small, just cut out another small piece to fill in the gap.
- Glue on the head, legs and tail (using the tab to make a 3D effect).
- We typically make the crafts as if they're sitting up on their haunches as it's easier to construct them and my children are young.
- However, you can make them so they stand on all 4's (use a straw, cardboard, toothpick or stir stick glued to the back of the legs for extra support).
- See the photo of Blue's Clues for what a toilet paper roll craft looks like on it's haunches and the photo of Vulpix for what it looks like on all fours.
- Close the photo windows when done viewing to return to this screen
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).