Kids can use the template provided and a cardboard tube to create their own little three dimensional octopus!
- a toilet paper roll
- a printer,
- something to color with,
- and paper.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube. I found a full toilet paper roll was a bit too tall for the octopus, so cut it down a bit (use the height of the rectangle as a guide).
- bend about 1/4 inch of each tentacle and glue to the inside of the tube.
- Younger children can count the tentacles (8).
- Slightly older children can count the suckers on each tentacle (4) and the tentacles (8) and then sort out that 4 x 8 = 32 either by multiplying or by counting all the suckers.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).