This is a simple, three dimensional platypus craft that young children enjoy making and playing with.
- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- a printer,
- something to color with,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube. Toilet paper rolls come in different sizes, so if you find the rectangle is a bit too big, just trim it down. If you find it's a bit too small, just cut out another small piece to fill in the gap.
- Glue the tail onto the back of the toilet paper roll using the tabs to make a 3D effect.
- Glue the head onto the front of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue on the arms and legs. We usually make the crafts so they look like they are sitting on their haunches.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).