Lewis Carroll, the writer of Alice in Wonderland, invented this word game. It's a terrific exercise for grade school children -- fun and educational!
- Print out the template and complete the word ladder listed based on the clues provided.
- There are three versions of each word ladder -- the hard version has none of the ladder filled in, the medium version has two letters of each word filled in and the easy version has three letters of each word filled in.
- Change one letter of the word for each rung of the ladder to form a new word -- the clues will help you figure out what the word should be.
- Complete all of the rungs of the ladder to complete the puzzle!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Bats: BATS to WING
Answer Key B&W