DLTK's Custom Treat Bag Instructions
You must print TWO treat bag templates to make one
treat bag. You can print two identical templates or make the
front and back of the bag different
- something to colour with (if using the B&W templates)
- glue or tape
- paper (I prefer construction paper as it's a bit
sturdier. I just chop it down a bit to fit in my printer).
- OPTIONAL: string, wool or ribbon.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Cut out the template along the outside lines.
Cut along the dotted lines (this will be the bag's bottom. Younger kids may
need help with this (it can be pre-done prior to colouring).
- You need two large bag templates to make one large bag.
- Place both of the cut out templates before you, face up.
- Glue the template on the right onto the glue tab of the template on
- You should now have one long piece of paper.
- See diagram to the right if you're confused
- Imagine a line extending up from the dotted lines
you cut. Fold along these imaginary lines, fold the GLUE tab and fold up the tabs
for the bag's bottom
- Put glue on the glue tab (or tape) and glue it to
the inside of the bag.
- Put glue on the tabs for the bags bottom and
carefully press together.
- Attach a piece of string, wool or ribbon to make
a handle (or cut a piece of construction paper for the handle).
- Crimp the edges of the bag and fold the top over (so it looks like a paper