Oscar is a simple color, cut and paste paper craft that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect. My children love to play with toilet paper roll crafts as much as they like making them.
- toilet paper roll,
- piece of paper,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- You can use Aluminum foil instead of the template piece to cover the tube. (it's tougher to glue to Aluminum foil though!)
- We also cut off about 1/4 of the tube so it was shorter.
- Glue the head onto the front of the tube.
- Glue the garbage can lid onto the BACK of the head
- Glue the hands so it looks like they're peeking just over the top of the can (see picture above).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).