This weekly calendar printout can be used to create and Emoji Mood Chart. Each day children can choose a different emoji to represent how they felt that day. They can color the emoji and use their cut and paste skills to attach it to the weekly chart. This mood chart is a cute and fun way to help children explore their emotions and communicate with those around them.
- crayons or something else to color with (for b&w print version)
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces. Most of the pieces are simple enough shapes for young children to cut out, but if needed, an adult can help with some of the harder pieces (the ears and the hair).
- Cut out the emojis of choice for each day. You can either cut out all of the emojis at once and keep them safe, or you can cut out each emoji a day at a time.
- Each day, decide which emotion you felt the most and which emoji represents those feelings best. Then glue that emoji into the daily square on the mood chart.
- OPTIONAL: try using Magnetic Printer Paper so that you can reuse the emojis and the mood chart each week.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).