I love reading, so naturally I also love to make bookmarks! When I was younger I would make a different bookmark nearly every week; obviously I had to keep making new ones because my favourite colors and animals kept changing... *giggle*
I love this adorable version of a bookmark that is used making a paper clip of all things! The little emoji faces peak up over the pages and can't help make you excited to read! Below are all of the instructions for making a paper clip bookmark from scratch.
- coloured paper (yellow, red, blue, white; depending on emoji faces you want to make),
- black marker,
- cardboard (eg. old cereal box),
- paper clip,
- hot glue gun
- Draw the pieces for your emoji face you want onto the appropriate coloured paper and cut them out.
- Glue the pieces onto a small circle (I made mine about 2" in diameter) of yellow paper.
- Draw on the small parts of the emoji face (like the eyes and the eyebrows) with a black marker.
- Cut a small circle (the same size as the emoji face) out of cardboard.
- Glue the emoji face onto the cardboard circle (this will keep the bookmark more stable).
- ADULTS ONLY: use a hot glue gun to secure the paper clip to the back of your emoji bookmark.
- Use the paper clip to secure the bookmark to a page in your book and the emoji face will stick up to remind you where your page is.
- OPTIONAL: Try using some different materials to make your bookmark (felt paper, foam paper, glitter, googley eyes, etc.).
- Use your creativity to make whatever emoji face you would like!