Moths as/and memes make sense. Maybe this moth meme wave just kind of feels right for a reason, and we should all just ride it out?
Whatever your opinions are, moths are attracted to lamp-light, and our pumpkin carvings inspired by the moth meme phenomenon are cute, look good, and are *relatively* easy to complete.
See our pumpkin carving section for how-to instructions and more patterns.
And visit our insect section.
- a large pumpkin
- pumpkin carving kit or a long, thin knife
- a pen
- printer and paper (optional)
- hammer and nail(s) for small DIY glimmers (as always, optional)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Easy Moth Pattern (1) (B&W)
- first, cut the darker shaded portion out and clean the lines completely *before* moving to the next step;
- then, shave the outer ring so that a faint light gets through and so that the moth is framed by the glowing "lamp-light" ring that is still attached to the pumpkin.
Easy Moth Pattern (2) (B&W)
Easy Butterfly Pattern (B&W)