These cherry pom-pom earrings are fun to make and wear. This craft is easy for grade school children to participate in or to try on their own with adult supervision.
- green thread or string,
- sewing needle (the thicker, the easier to thread but harder to push through the pompom),
- 4 red pom-poms (any size),
- 2 fish hook, lever back, or clip on earrings (make sure the ones you pick up have loops to tie the string or thread onto)
Instructions for ONE earring (with images):
- Make sure you have:
- Thread one end of your string through the sewing needle, making a U-shape, and match then tie the one end of the thread to the other.
- Take your new thread and needle combo and shove it through one red pom-pom to the end of the knot.
- Thread the same string through your earring hook.
- Tie to the earring hook's loop at a desired length. Keep in mind: this is where your first cherry will hang from!
- Thread your second cherry through to a desired length.
- Tie a double-knot to hold the second cherry in place.
- Repeat once more for a pair of earrings, and experiment with length, size of string and pom-poms, and colour scheme for more earring ideas!