Whenever I see flutes like this, it makes me think of Greek mythology -- I think it was Pan who ran around playing the flute all the time.
Which might be why they call it a "Pan flute" which is a musical instrument made of reeds, bamboo or some other tubes of varying lengths!
- Paint, glitter and other adornments (optional)
- Lay out your straws in any pattern you’d like. The more straws you use, the wider your flute becomes.
- Tape around the straws on both sides to keep them secured together.
- Use a ruler and a marker to draw a line over your straws.
- Cut along that line carefully with scissors. Then your flute is finished!
- You can choose to make a pattern with your straws and/or change the shape you cut it (the way you cut it will change the way it sounds!).
- OPTIONAL! You can choose to paint your straws, and add glitter or any other designs you’d like to your instrument.