One of the best parts of a rainy day is the rainbow afterwards and one of the best ways to paint is with your fingers, put those two together and you have the best craft!
This is a great craft for all ages because it is simple but also heaps of fun. It suits a rainbow, St. Patrick's Day, or weather theme and is a fun way to help children learn their rainbow colours. Also, it makes a great keepsake because of all the cute fingerprints.
- paper (blue paper makes it look like the sky),
- rainbow colour paints (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple),
- cotton balls
- OPTIONAL: before getting started you can use a pencil and a bowl or plate to trace an arc on the blue piece of paper as a guideline to start your rainbow.
- Use your fingerprints to paint the stripes of the rainbow. Remember, from top to bottom the order is red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple.
- Glue some cotton balls onto both ends of the rainbow like clouds.