Its a little known fact that Valentines Day is the most popular holiday for those little green men (and women) from the red planet. On this special day, unattached Martian females roam the land looking for a suitable mate.
They then hold out their Valentines heart and chant the Martian Love Song. If the prospective mate is interested, he too holds out his heart and repeats each line. When the song is complete, they exchange hearts and the bonding ritual is complete (cheap wedding, eh?)
- toilet paper roll,
- a printer,
- a piece of paper,
- something to color with (for B&W version),
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- Glue the antenna, eyes and mouth on to the head.
- Glue the head on to the body.
- Fold the arms on the dotted line so the heart is held out in front. Glue the arms to the body.
- Fold the feet and glue the tabs onto the inside of the toilet paper tube. Martians can have anywhere from one foot to five feet depending on their age (they lose feet as they get older!)
- Crumple up pieces of Aluminum foil and glue them onto the body as shiny "buttons".
- Use the template for the black and white printer on white paper and color in the pieces with crayon, marker, paint, etc.
- Use the template for the black and white printer on green coloured construction paper. Print a second template on white paper and mix & match the pieces
Printing the Templates:
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).