Your child may choose to focus their own story on the themes within the planet Mercury, or they may let their imagination run wild. Anything is possible with fiction! I think story spark sentences are a great way to expand your child's vocabulary, and give your child the ability to get creative!
For more activities about the familiar home planet, see our Earth Day Crafts and Activities section!
- Complete the story spark sentence inspired by the planet Earth:
"One warm autumn’s day, I was sitting outside in the green grass, when I noticed a book about the Earth beside me. The moment I opened it…"
- Write one or more paragraphs to go along with that first idea.
- Read the new story out loud!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Earth Writing Prompt more lined paper