Is there anything better than turning an egg carton into a toy? I think not! This adorable train is really fun to make and then so fun to play with afterwards.
You can let your creativity shine by painting your train whatever colour you want. I couldn't decide which colour for my train, so I just made it a rainbow train!
- egg carton,
- paint and paintbrush,
- school glue and hot glue (one part of the craft definitely requires hot glue and adult supervision),
- string or wool,
- popsicle stick,
- cotton balls,
- OPTIONAL: buttons
- Rinse out all of the milk cartons and let them dry completely.
- Make the train's engine:
- Cut out two egg cups (leave them attached) and a single egg cup.
- Paint them whatever colour you would like!
- Glue the single egg cup on top of one of the two egg cups.
- Cut a popsicle stick so that it is the same height as the stacked egg cups (about 3"-4").
- Paint the popsicle stick and let it dry.
- Glue a bit of a cotton ball onto one end of the popsicle stick.
- Glue the popsicle stick to the front of the train engine.
- Make the train's carriages by cutting out several sets of double eggs cups (keep the two attached).
- You can make as many carriages as you want.
- Paint the train carriages.
- OPTIONAL: You can glue buttons onto the train as wheels.
- Using a hot glue gun (this will need adult supervision) glue small pieces of string between the different sections of the train.