contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft using shapes to assemble a train engine that is easy for young children to make.
- a printer,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- You can assemble your train however you like it! It doesn't have to be just like mine, but here are the steps to how I did it.
- Position the large, fat rectangle on it's side.
- Glue the tall rectangle on the back.
- Glue the large circle on the front.
the three wheels on the bottom of the train:
- The two small wheels should go towards the front
- The large wheel should go on the back.
- Glue the triangle on the front, in front of the first wheel.
- Glue the small, skinny rectangle connecting the front wheels to each other.
- Glue the square on top (just above the front circle) and the last rectangle on top of that.
- And you're done!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).