DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Queen Toilet Paper Roll Craft
contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a cute and simple color, cut and paste craft that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect.
- a toilet paper roll,
- something to color with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice -- template 2 is optional
- Color the pieces as appropriate and cut them out.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper tube.
- If using template 2 (the skirt), form it into a cone and slide it over the toilet paper roll at this time. You can use a bit of glue around the "belt area" to hold it on, but I usually just let it sit on loosely.
- Glue the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the arms on the side.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the toilet paper roll, bending the tabs to make a 3D effect.
- Fold the cape in half and glue it together (so it's colored on both sides). Then glue it to the back of the toilet paper roll.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template 1: color or B&W
Template 2: color or B&W
Printable version of this instruction page