Funfetti Muffin Bites
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Plain Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Rainbow Sprinkles
- 2 cups Icing Sugar
- 4 - 6 tbsp Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a mini muffin tray with non-stick spray or butter.
- Whisk the flour and baking powder together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Measure the coconut oil into a separate heat-safe bowl and place the bowl over a small pot of boiling water to melt the oil. Take the melted oil off the boiling water for a few minutes to let it cool down.
- Using a mixer, combine the melted coconut oil and sugar for a couple minutes.
- Add the eggs and beat until combined.
- Mix in the Greek yoghurt and vanilla extract.
- Use the low setting on the mixer to mix in half of the flour mix and half of the milk. Once combined, mix in the remaining halves of the flour mix and milk. Beat until combined but do not overmix.
- Use a spatula to stir in the sprinkles.
- Using two teaspoons and fill each mini muffin tin about 3/4s of the way full.
- Place the muffin tray on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Test that they are fully cooked by putting a toothpick in the middle of one of the muffins — if the toothpick comes out clean, then the muffins are done.
- Cool the muffins for a few minutes and transfer them to a baking rack to let them cool completely.
- While the muffins are cooling, mix the icing sugar (sifted), milk, and vanilla extract. Stir with a whisk until the glaze is smooth and no icing sugar lumps remain.
- Once the muffin bites are cool, dip the muffins into the glaze and spin them around until fully covered. Place them back on the cooling rack to let the glaze dry.
- Place a cutting board or paper towel underneath to protect your counters from any glaze drips.
Makes about 4 dozen muffin bites!
Store in an airtight container lined with wax paper to prevent the glaze from sticking to the container. Eat within the week.
Nutritional Information (per 1 Muffin Bite): kCal 83, Fat 2.3g, Cholesterol 8mg, Sodium 7mg, Carbohydrate 14.9g (Dietary Fiber 0.2g, Total Sugars 10.7g), Protein 1.1g
You can also make basic muffins by using a full-sized muffin tin, doubling the cook time, and skipping the glaze.