These little pies are small and adorable and made out of egg cartons! They are great for a pi day theme. Planning a special pi day dinner? Why not use these cute little pies to make the table a bit more fun! What about a pi day party? Use these mini pies to organise children into different teams with the pie colours.
- egg carton,
- paint (brown for the "pie crusts" and grey/silver for the "pie plates"),
- school glue,
- colourful tissue paper,
- cotton balls,
- Cut the egg carton into individual egg cups.
- Trim the cups into the right shape and paint them.
- Take a small piece of colourful tissue paper and push it down into the egg carton. You can glue it in to keep it secure.
- Use a bit of glue to attach a small piece of cotton ball to the top of the pie (like a little whipped cream dollop!).
- To create a fun pie surprise:
- paint the bottom egg cup silver and the top egg cup brown.
- put the whipped cream dollop onto the top of the "pie crust" egg cup
- scrunch up the tissue paper and glue it to the bottom egg cup to keep it secure
- now you can hand these out at a party and children can open up these mini pies to see which colour they are!