Print these "home-made" bookmarks for a special reading companion.
To add that extra bit of motivation, print out a bookmark for your child, your friend or yourself as a reward for reading a certain number of stories. I add two new ones each week, so check back if you run out of rewards.
(This idea was originally submitted by "Tracy and Shirley")
Even if you have a color, you may prefer the b&w version which the kids can color in themselves...
- crayons or something else to color with (for b&w print version)
- clear contact paper
- Click on the link of your choice (below) to print the template. Color as appropriate.
- Cut the bookmark out (one big rectangle) and fold in half (left to
right) along the center line.
- Glue so it stays folded together.
- OPTIONAL: cover with clear contact paper so it lasts longer (you
could also put a piece of cardboard in the center before gluing for a
- OPTIONAL: Poke a hole in the top of the bookmark and tie a string/wool through as a tassel.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers). -- this template shouldn't be an issue as it's a bit smaller than some in the past.