- shoe box (or small cardboard box)
- 10 wooden clothespins
- 6 wooden dowels
- ping pong ball or small styrofoam ball
- scissors or X-acto knife
- single-hole punch
- glitter or tape (optional: it's just to decorate with!)
- Find a small cardboard box and cut off the top of it.
- Cut out two rectangular holes, one on each of the smaller sides of the box. These will be the nets for the ping pong ball to go through.
- Paint the box any colours you'd like. I made mine completely white, but you can always paint the bottom inside green to look like grass.
- You can also paint markings on the inside of the box to resemble a soccer field.
- Decorate the outside! I painted small polka dots and added black tape around the edges (you can add stripes, glitter, etc.)
- Next, paint 3 of the wooden dowels one colour, and choose a second colour to paint the other 3. These will be the two colours of your teams.
- Use the same two colours of paint for the clothespins. Paint 5 of them one colour and paint the other 5 of the other colour.
- Now, take your decorated box and hole punch 6 small holes on each side. Make sure they are in line with the holes on the other side.
- Place your painted dowels through the holes in an alternating pattern.
- Clip your clothespins onto the matching-coloured dowels, putting one on the dowels closest to the goal nets (goalies), and two on each of the other dowels. Once you have done this, your mini foosball table is complete! Have fun!