contributed by Leanne Guenther
The Curling Buddy is my tenth addition to the Sports Buddies -- and my second "Winter Olympics" sports buddy. It is a simple color, cut and paste paper craft that is fun for young children (and old!) to put together. An adult can help with some of the cutting if it gets too tough, but the pieces are fairly large and simple to cut out.
- something to color with (B&W version),
- Print out the template of choice (you can mix and match the B&W and color versions if you want less coloring).
- Color the template pieces (if using the B&W version) -- feel free to use different materials for coloring to add creativity/personality to the project (paint, markers, pencils and crayons are all fun choices).
- Cut out the template pieces (young children may need help with this step).
- Glue the curling buddy together:
- Glue the face on the curling rock head.
- Glue the head onto the neck (jacket).
- Glue the hands onto the arms.
- Glue the pants under the shirt.
- Glue the legs under the pants.
- Glue the curling broom into one of the hands.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).