For over a thousand years, Egyptians built pyramids as tombs for their pharaohs (kings and queens). There are over 90 royal pyramids in Egypt... 35 of them major works.
It's easy to build a small model of a pyramid. Use it as a standalone decoration or include in a diarama.
- Optional: sand
- Optional: thin cardboard
- Print template of choice.
- You can make your own template by making four identical equilateral triangles (with small tabs on the side for gluing)
- Fold dotted line tabs.
- Optional: You can cut out triangles from thin cardboard and back the template pieces with these to make the project sturdier.
- Glue tab of one triangle to tab free side of the next triangle.
- Repeat until all triangles are attached.
- Cover entire pyramid with a coat of glue
- sprinkle sand over top
- if you decide to use the sand, you should make sure you backed the template pieces with thin cardboard or the pyramid will collapse under the weight.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).