I love sudoku puzzles and I always have a sudoku puzzle with me when I am travelling. When I was younger I was never able to finish the entire puzzle because it was too complicated.
My mom found a way to help by making these fun picture sudoku puzzles. They are a great way to exercise your brain, and I find the pictures helped to keep me interested in the puzzle when I was younger.
The "easy" Sudoku puzzle is appropriate for preschool and kindergarten students.
The regular Sudoku puzzle is appropriate for grade 1 to 3 students and is still a fun themed activity for students in grades 4+.
- Print out the puzzle of your choice.
- Complete the Sudoku puzzle making sure no image is repeated in a row, a column or a square. You can draw the images in or just use the numbers that correspond to the image.
- Alternative: You can print out a copy of the answer key and cut out the individual squares. Give these squares to the child to paste onto the puzzle template to solve it (sometimes it is easier for the kids to solve the puzzles when they have the shapes in front of them to play with)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Answer Key (B&W)