DLTK's Crafts for Kids
3D Cat Paper Craft
Thanks so much to Lucinda for sending this
This is a cute, simple paper craft that results in a 3D ornament you
can hang around the room -- or give it as a stand up card!
- paper (I prefer construction paper as it's a bit sturdier)
- string, thread, ribbon or wool
- Optional: crayons (or paint, markers, etc)
- Print template (there is only B&W available) and color as desired
- Cut out the template pieces (may require adult assistance and can be done before hand.
- Cut on one of the lines of each cat right up to the center.
- Slide the cats together, top to bottom (the image is the snowflake, but it works the same way).
- Glue a ribbon onto the top (or hole punch a small hole and tie a ribbon through
- instead of simply coloring the template, here are some thoughts for alternatives:
- small (1 inch) snips of wool
- dried coffee grounds -- glue to the template for a textured/smelly project - young children enjoy different tactile experiences
- grated chalk (take a piece of sidewalk or chalkboard chalk and rub it with course sandpaper to get chalk dust. Pour the dust over glue covered paper.
- There are some brief instructions written right on the template
- If you want your cats to be two-sided, print two templates out and glue matching snowflakes together back to back. Do everything else as directed.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions