DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Frog Life Cycle Craft
Thanks so much to Nicky for sharing this educational craft with
"The twins that I care for turned up the other day with tadpoles. We talked about them, but I wanted a craft idea so here it is.
I cut out big blue circles in card, and the children stuck foil circles on top (for the pond). I printed out your frog picture in green paper, cut out tadpole shapes in brown
paper, and here is the best bit. For the frog eggs I cut out bubble wrap shapes and put black dots in the centre of the bubbles with
permanent marker (this doesn't rub off, so is ideal) we then stuck each item on in order round the pond, and so created the life cycle of the frog."
Note that the templates below include a larger version of the images to be
used on a bulletin board or something like that.
- Print the templates provided below.
OR make your own with:
- blue construction paper
- green construction paper
- brown construction paper
- bubble wrap
- black permanent marker
- Cut a large circle out of the blue construction paper OR use
- OPTIONAL: Stick foil circles on the top to make it look like a pond
- Make your own frog and tadpole with green/brown construction paper
OR use templates
- Template #2 has no words on it.
- Template #3 includes words.
- Make your frog eggs from bubble wrap by drawing small black circles in the
center of each bubble with the permanent marker
Use the picture on the template #2.
- Draw arrows between the stages to indicate the life cycle OR
use the arrows on the templates
Printing the Templates:
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Circle template -
Small pictures (no words) -
Small pictures (with words) -
Large Templates (perfect for bulletin boards)
Frog and Tadpole -
Life Cycle Arrows -
Life Cycle Arrow and Eggs -
Also check out KidZone's
Life Cycles - Information and Worksheets
Print friendly version of these instructions