DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Frog Cross Stitch Pattern
Slightly more complex cross stitch patterns for children to make. On 6 count, this would make a nice pillow front (check out the
"How to Cross Stitch" directions for ideas on how to make a pillow from a pattern)
To learn more about cross stitching, check out our "How to Cross Stitch" directions.
When I do these projects with the girls, I encourage them fill
in the white backgrounds with white cross stitch instead of leaving
it unstitched. The long rows of single colored stitches are
terrific practice. But it's completely up to you! It
does make the project take a lot longer.
- Embroidery Floss Used:
- feel free to substitute colors!
- If your child wants a brown frog don't get stuck...
just substitute brown floss for the chartreuse
- If you have left over floss lying around you can
use that too (ex: blue for the eyeball instead
of dark green)
- Aida cloth with a low number (6 count Aida is 6 stitches
per inch while 10 count is 10 stitches per inch... The lower
the number, the bigger the project ends up being and the easier
it is for a beginner to complete)
- 6 count would give you a 6.7 x 7.8 inch finished project
- 8 count would give you a 5.0 x 5.9 inch finished project
- 10 count would give you a 4.0 x 4.7 inch finished project
- plastic canvas.
- embroidery hoop (a must! unless you're using plastic canvas)
- needle (20 or 22 work well, but any that fit 3 strands of
floss will do)
of the frog
cross stitch pattern.
- Print out the template of choice.
- fold cloth in half and then in half again to find the center.
- Place hoop around cloth. Start as close to center as you can.
- cut about 18 inch pieces of floss and divide in half (so you have
3 strands of floss to work with).
- Start cross stitching! To learn more about cross stitching,
check out our
"How to Cross Stitch" directions.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Frog Cross Stitch Template
Fully Rely on God (FROG) Template
Print friendly version of these instructions