DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Groundhog Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Groundhog's Day is on February 2nd. But this little guy is cute any time of the year!
Lisa did not have enough toilet paper rolls for her entire class last year, but she used the toilet paper roll head, arms and legs plus an oval of paper and let the children attach the limbs to the oval body with glue (to do this Lisa just cut the rectangle from the toilet paper roll craft into an oval so she didn't waste paper). I thought this was a great idea and would be suitable for even younger children to make!
- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- a printer,
- something to color with,
- a piece of paper.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces as appropriate and cut them out.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the
toilet paper tube.
- Glue the head and arms onto the front of the tp
- Fold the feet and glue the tabs to the inside of
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).