DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Messenger Bird Paper Craft
© by Leanne Guenther
Thanks so much to Sarah (age 6) for sharing her very own craft project with us!
Sarah's mom Michelle wrote "My daughter made up this craft herself. I made up the templates from her original model. Sarah, Sarah’s sister, Rachel, and I have lots of fun sending the messenger bird back and forth with messages!
- something to color with,
- Print out the two templates.
- Color the template pieces.
- Cut out all pieces.
- Tape or glue two wing pieces together, overlapping at designated area.
- Fold bird head, then fold tabs outward.
- Tape ends of bird head tabs to wings, centering.
- Tape or glue bird legs in appropriate spots.
(The messenger bird should have an open space under the head for inserting messages.)
Print friendly version of these instructions