This is a fun, simple craft for all ages (even daddy has fun trying to make the longest snake). It's also a good project for practicing making patterns.
- construction paper (2 or 3 colors)
- small scrap of red construction paper
- scotch tape or glue,
- wiggly eyes (optional)
- black marker
- Cut about 16 strips of construction paper 2 inches wide and 10 inches long
- Decide what type of pattern you want to make. We made a green, green, yellow, green, green, yellow... Pattern for ours.
- Make your first strip of construction paper into a ring and tape or glue it together
- Slide your next strip of construction paper through the ring and tape or glue it into a ring
- Repeat the process until you have a long chain of construction paper rings.
- Cut a tongue shape from red construction paper
- Fold a small tab at the end and glue it onto the head (the front construction paper ring)
- Glue on wiggly eyes or draw eyes on with a marker
- We cut eyes out of red construction paper and drew an eye slit in the middle of each with a black marker