DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Hummingbird Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft good "just for
fun" or a bird theme made from a basic egg
You can turn it into a handprint craft by replacing
the wings with handprints traced onto a piece of paper.
- something to color with if using the B&W version,
- You can use brass tacks ("brads") instead of glue to attach the wings if you want them to be moveable.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the hummingbird together in the following order:
- Glue the smaller egg as the chest onto the egg shaped body
- position your egg so it is upside down (the thinner tip is pointed down)
- feet onto the bottom of the body
- Glue the tail behind the feet
- Glue the eyes onto the body
- Glue the beak onto the body
- Glue the wings onto the body.
You can use the template piece or trace a hand onto a piece of
paper and use that as the wing
- See picture on the template for further help.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions