This koala is a simple cut and paste paper craft that is fun for young children to make. It makes a great project for preschool and kindergarten kids and works well for an animals, letter K, marsupials or Australian theme. (He's holding a few eucalyptus leaves which is the only food koalas eat.)
There is a small (single page) and larger (two templates) version to choose from.
- something to color with if using the B&W version,
- You can use brass tacks ("brads") instead of glue to attach the head or arms if you want them to be moveable.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color (where appropriate).
- Cut out the template pieces -- parents can help cut out some of the more difficult pieces like the ears while children work on the easier pieces like the body and legs.
- Glue the pig together in the following order:
- Glue the feet behind the body
- Glue the arms onto the body
- Glue the eucalyptus into one of the hands
- Glue the head onto the body
- Glue the ears onto the head
- See picture on the template for further help.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Small Template (only 1 template needed)
Large Template (2 templates needed)