DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Parrot Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This parrot is a simple cut and paste paper craft that is fun
for young children to make. It makes a great project for
preschool and kindergarten kids and works well for a pirates, jungle or letter P theme.
- something to color with if using the B&W version,
- glue, and
- You can use brass tacks ("brads") instead of glue to attach the head or wings
if you want them to be moveable.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color (where appropriate).
- Cut out the template pieces -- parents can help cut out some of
the more difficult pieces like the wings while children work on the
easier pieces like the body and legs.
- Glue the parrot together in the following order:
- Glue the feet behind the body
- Glue the wings onto the body
- Glue the seed into one of the hands
- Glue the head onto the body
- Glue the beak onto the head
- See picture on the template for further help.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions