DLTK's Crafts for Kids
D, L, T & K Build a Bunk Bed!
[ Main ] [ History ]
[ Advantages ] [ Build
It ] [ Decorate It ]
Advantages of our Loft/Bunk Bed Set-Up:
- it cost under $300 (Canadian money) to build compared to $1000 to buy
- we didn't "waste" the one nice bed we already had.
- We were able to make a "Barbie" bunk bed -- decorating it
personally was fun.
- it was a summer long project complete with loads of daddy/daughter time --
the girls and daddy did most of the work (YES, the girls did more work than
mommy... you'll see what I mean in the next sections). I think it's
something Tasha will remember doing forever.
- Kaitlyn is 3 yrs old and cannot sleep on the top bunk yet. By the
time she can, Tasha likely won't want to share a room any longer. At
that time we can just take the bottom bed out and put it in a separate
room. Kaitlyn can enjoy having a loft bed "high in the sky"
with a play area underneath!
[ Back ] [ Next ]