DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Beaver Canada Day Wreath
This is a fun wreath to do by yourself or with a group to celebrate Canada!
- Ring of cardboard (empty cereal boxes work wonderfully).
- Construction paper (red and white).
- Trace a small plate and a
large plate onto a piece of old cardboard.
- Empty cereal boxes or frozen dinner boxes work well
- It doesn't matter if you go over the folds of the cardboard
- Cut a small strip of cardboard and glue it
onto the back of the ring over any folds in the cardboard.
- This will reinforce the ring.
- Cut strips of construction paper (about 1 1/2 inches by 4 inches).
- glue the strips into rolls (like making a paper chain).
- Glue the rolls of construction paper onto
the wreath. We made a red and white pattern, but you can do it however you wish.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the template pieces and cut out.
- Glue the head, maple leaf and two paws on top of the wreath.
- Glue the body, tail and two paws on the back of the wreath (so it looks like the beaver is peeking over the top).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions