DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Canada Day Coaster Craft
The templates were originally made for a CD (which is 4.75 inches in diameter), but anything that's round and about the same size works...
Make sure you ask an adult before you start gluing things to CD's!!
- a printer,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons (if using B&W template),
- CD, margarine container lid or cardboard, and
- clear contact paper
(you can get at office supply stores... It cost us about $5 for a roll that makes about 100 bookmarks or 20 coasters. It is one fairly
inexpensive, purchased craft supply that I do like to have around the house... It can also be used on mobiles, necklaces or paper crafts if
you're giving them as gifts to make them last longer).
- Print out the templates of choice.
- Color (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the maple leaf into the center of the circle.
- Let the glue dry.
- Trace around the CD onto the contact paper and cut out (a bit larger than the CD).
- Cover CD with contact paper... Trim as necessary)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).