DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Canada Day Paper Craft
This is really the same craft as the coaster, but is built for younger kids (I have a 2 yr old and a 6 yr old so always have to make sure I have a version suited for the youngest).
You can use this paper craft to hang on the wall or fridge, or you can glue it to the front of a home made red construction paper Canada Day greeting card.
- a printer,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons (if using B&W template),
- Print out the templates of choice.
- Cut the template in 1/2 so the circle is on one page and the leaf on the other.
- Color of paint the leaf.
- Cut out the circle.
- Cut out the leaf. Young children may need help with this.
- Glue the leaf into the center of the circle.
- To make a card, fold a piece of red construction paper in half and glue the maple leaf circle onto the front. Write a message inside.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).