DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Moose Head Canada Day Wreath
This is a fun wreath to do by yourself or with a group.
- Ring of cardboard (empty cereal boxes work wonderfully)
- construction paper (red and white)
Trace a small plate and a large plate onto a piece of old
- Empty cereal boxes or frozen dinner boxes work well
- It doesn't matter if you go over the folds of the cardboard
- Cut a small strip of cardboard and glue it onto the back of
the ring over any folds in the cardboard.
- This will reinforce the ring.
- Cut strips of construction paper (about 1 1/2 inches by 4 inches)
- Glue the strips into rolls (like making a paper chain)
Glue the rolls of construction paper onto the wreath. We
made a red and white pattern, but you can do it however you wish.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the template pieces and cut out.
- Glue the head and maple leaf on top of the wreath.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions