DLTK's Crafts for Kids
May Day Basket Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Your choice of blue or pink for the color printer or black&white.
Click here to see full size photo (colour printer version). Close photo window when done viewing.
- something to color with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces as appropriate.
- Cut the pieces out. (Cutting may require adult assistance and can be pre-done). Cut along the solid lines only!
- You might want to practice making the cone (without gluing). The kids think it's pretty "magical" how the flat piece of paper
turns into a cone!
- Glue or tape the flowers onto the outside of the cone. You can also put some stickers on for added decoration.
- If you look at the bottom of the half circle (the straight part), you'll see the "glue here". Glue the side to the right to the
glue here section.
- Attach a paper or ribbon handle.
- Fill with real flowers or candies and hang on the door of a friend (or the bedroom door of a sibling!).
- OR, make some tissue paper flowers (put 4 or 5, eight inch squares of flower coloured tissue paper on top of each other. Scrunch in the
middle and tie a piece of string or scotch tape around. Fluff out the pieces of tissue paper.).
- You can make the same kind of basket by cutting a paper plate in half and stapling it into a cone. Decorate with flowers/stickers.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions