Note: All aspects of the Interest Badge are listed. However, some are not conducive to providing help over the internet.
I've included a HELP link next to the areas where I could provide additional resources for the girls (working on their own or in groups).
- Find out about the Aboriginal People who live and used to live near your home.
- Learn an Aboriginal game, song, folk tale, dance or ceremony.
- Trace or copy an Aboriginal symbol. Explain its history.
|Bear: represents physical strength and leadership|
|Deer: represents family protection and speed|
|Frog: represents Spring and renewal|
|Hummingbird: represents devotion, permanence and eternity|
|Turtle: represents strength, female power, long life, perseverance|
- Use an Aboriginal invention, such as a toboggan or snowshoes.
- Play an Aboriginal game, such as lacrosse.