Note: All aspects of the Interest Badge are listed. However, some are not conducive to providing help over the internet.
I've included a HELP link next to the areas where I could provide additional resources for the girls (working on their own or in groups).
- Learn how to warm up and cool down before and after dancing.
- Perform a short ballet, jazz, modern or folk dance.
- Learn a new dance. Teach a dance to a friend.
- Wear a costume when you dance.
- make the "bunny hop" be the new dance you learn, then teach it to the other girls in your troop or to a friend. Wear the Bunny Rabbit Ears as your costume. This will satisfy the third and fourth requirements.
How to Bunny Hop:
Make a line of people, one behind the other, with hands on the shoulders of the person in front of you.
Kick your right leg twice (each kick should take two beats)
Kick your left leg twice (each kick should take two beats)
Hop forwards (this hop should take two beats)
Hop backwards (this hop should take two beats)
Hop, hop, hop, hop (four quick hops forwards, each taking one beat of the music)
Just keep repeating the above while you weave around the room.
Ask mom or dad about the bunny hop. I'm sure they know it!