DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Sports Buddies: Benny Baseball Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
With the Olympics coming up, I thought I'd
start some Sports Buddies crafts for the kids to enjoy. Benny Baseball is my second addition to the Sports Buddies. I'll be adding others
to the Sports Crafts index as I make them.
I wince a little bit doing these buddies because I can imagine all the
requests for buddies with specific country or team colors. Benny Baseball is sort of made with the Australian team colors. I'll try to
make each Sports Buddy a unique color scheme so that hopefully you can find at least one of them that represents your preferences. And
keep in mind -- you can always print templates 2 and 3 in B&W and then color them in whatever way you like!
- something to color with (B&W version),
- Print out the template of choice (you can mix and match the B&W and color versions if you want less coloring).
- Color the template pieces (if using the B&W version) -- feel free to
use different materials for coloring to add creativity/personality to the
project (paint, markers, pencils and crayons are all fun choices).
- Cut out the template pieces (young children may need help with this step).
- Glue the baseball buddy together:
- Glue the face on the baseball head
- Glue the hat onto the head
- Glue the head onto the neck (shirt)
- Glue the pants under the shirt
- Glue the arms under the shirt sleeves
- Glue the bat into one of the hands
- Glue the legs under the pants
- If you want the craft to be a smaller project, you can just print the
first template and make a baseball face
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions